Benefits of Garlic. Advantages of Raw Pills Garlic Treats Cold
There are countless health benefits of garlic that you can't ignore once you learn about it. Garlic is a source of immunity that helps us overcoming cold, cough, high blood pressure, fighting heart disease, and also helps against various neurodegenerative disorders. However, garlic is not limited to these health benefits only. Here are some of the Top Proven Garlic Benefits that you need to know.
Garlic is native to Central Asia and North-Eastern Iran and has long been a common edible worldwide, with a history of several thousand years of consumption and different uses. Known to ancient Egyptians, Garlic has been used both as a food flavoring element as well as traditional medicine. In Ancient Rome, it was "much used for food among the poor". China produces about 80% of the world supply of garlic.
Scientific Background of Garlic
Scientifically, Garlic is known as Allium sativum which contains a strong smell and tastes pungent, somewhat similar to an onion. Because of the fact that Garlic is a close relative of onion (both onion and garlic belong to the same genus, Allium) which is originated in Central Asia.
In the ancient era, Garlic was used as a medicine. It is also scientifically proven that Garlic delivers several health benefits. Apart from its medicinal uses, Garlic also makes your food delicious and healthy.
Nutritional Value of Garlic
People recognized the nutritional value of garlic and the quality of healing diseases over 3000 years ago. In 1858, Sir Louis Pasteur discovered the anti-bacterial properties of this natural herb. A Journal of Pharmaceutical Research report suggests that if you take one garlic clove per day, it can help you with a significant improvement in your overall health.
Similarly, if you eat two-three cloves daily garlic, it can immune you against the common cold. Do you know, medical surgeons in World War-II used to make garlic juice to treat wounds? And this strengthens the fact, that it works as an antiseptic as well.
Garlic contains some useful minerals including Phosphorus, Potassium, Magnesium, Zinc, Calcium, and Iron. Also, trace minerals like Iodine, Sulphur, and Chlorine, are present in raw garlic.
USDA National Nutrient Database also proves that garlic contains vitamins, including folate, Thiamine, niacin, vitamin C, A, K, and vitamin B6 which are rarely found in any other herb. Garlic may contain multiple vitamins and trace minerals, but it is low in calories, sodium, and saturated fats.
Different Benefits of Garlic Pills or Raw
You may eat garlic in any form that will always be beneficial for you in many wondrous ways. Here are some of the reasons why you should fall for this natural agent to treat many diseases.
Advantages of Garlic- Treats Cold and Cough
In 2014, a study had proved that eating raw garlic every day can treat common cold and cough. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews carried out a study with 146+ participants and advised them to eat fresh garlic for three-four months.
The total number of participants were divided into two groups, where the first group took a placebo tablet for four months, and the other group took the garlic pills for the same period. The study found that after taking garlic pills every day, the group had fewer cold than the group who took a placebo every day.
What is the magical property of garlic that can help you save from cold, cough, and sore throat?
The answer is " Allicin." This compound has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties. It is released when you crush a clove of garlic. The best way to treat your sore throat or the common cold is to consume a crushed Raw garlic clove each day. Just crush a slice and chew it for about 15 minutes to reap the benefits of raw garlic.
Raw Garlic Benefits- Lowers Blood Pressure
Garlic is an herb known for reducing hypertension. The medicinal properties of garlic reduce high blood pressure as Allicin helps you relax your blood vessels.
Garlic also fights against Thrombosis, thus reduces platelet aggregation. According to the research conducted by National US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, if you take two cloves of garlic each day you can get rid of high blood pressure problems.
Benefits of Eating Garlic- Improves Heart Health
- If you can eat garlic every day, it will help you reduce the chances of blood clot. Thus, it assists in better blood flow.
- Eating raw garlic every day can prevent Thromboembolism, and the powerful Cardioprotective properties in it lower the risk of various diseases, including Atherosclerosis, Hyperlipidemia, and Thrombosis.
- The cardioprotective effects are not only for human but work on animals as well. However, you should be aware of what forms garlic is available in the market these days.
- Garlic Capsules, Garlic Pills, Garlic Supplement, etc., are all industrialized form of garlic to promote healthy living. Besides, the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties present in raw garlic, are capable of curing Neurodegenerative diseases syndromes.
Benefits of Garlic Pills- Mitigate Heavy Metal Poisoning Risks
- Due to heavy metal poisoning, there is a risk of organ damage. As a metal worker, if you consume garlic regularly in a stable quantity, Sulphur compounds (Allicin) found in the herb can reduce the risk of organ damage or failure.
- The Sulphur compounds are capable enough to lower the lead levels in your blood, and it reduces the toxicity in your blood that triggers high blood pressure.
- Furthermore, garlic is a useful herb that can treat infected wounds as well. You can get instant relief from the pain by applying garlic a paste of garlic in the affected area.
Garlic Benefits for Women
- Garlic plays a vital role for ladies by increasing the growth of Oestrogen hormones. A regular intake of garlic in any form can help you overcome the deficiency of lower Oestrogen levels.
- Bone loss is a severe concern to ladies as they age; this risk can be mitigated by eating raw garlic cloves every day. In research of Journal of Phytotherapy, it was found that garlic oil can prevent significant risks that lead to weak bone strength in women.
- Women are most prone to develop Osteoarthritis earlier than men. Studies done by National Institutes of Health, USA revealed that garlic could reduce the risks of Osteoarthritis by playing a pivotal role during menopause.
- Out of 400 vital nutrients, garlic also contains anti-fungal properties that help you fight the free radicals and slow down the process of collagen reduction enhancing skin elasticity. If you apply garlic oil to skin it, you can observe the changes in your skin tone.
- Women suffering from hair loss problems can sigh of relief now. The best of the benefits of garlic for women is that they can find a home remedy for hair loss in their kitchen. A regular massage of crushed garlic on your scalp is the best remedy for hair loss. And the Keratin present in the Sulphur contents of garlic is also helpful for hair strength.
Garlic Improves Immunity
- The phytonutrients present within garlic lessens your stress level, lowers the risk of DNA damage. Whereby it boosts your immune system as well as it diminishes fatigue syndromes.
- Besides playing a role as an immunity booster, it can help you boost your concentration as well. Moreover, Selenium, Quercetin, and vitamin C present in garlic, help in curing various types of eye infections that cause a burning sensation.
- If you are having earache, the antiviral, antifungal, and antibiotic properties that are found in garlic benefits you in permanent relief.
Garlic For Good Gut
- Are you tired of facing gas troubles every day? Several types of medical research have shown that garlic helps you reduce digestive problems like the bad gut, bloating, improper bowel movement, and constipation.
- You just have to pour some warm water and swallow a couple of garlic cloves to have the benefits of garlic on the digestive system.
Other Health Benefits of Garlic Pills and Raw Garlic
- There are some other health benefits of garlic that won’t make you to toss garlic in the trash (just because it smells bad).
- It plays a significant role in weight loss. Garlic increases thermogenesis in our cells and helps us with burning extra fats.
- The antioxidant properties reduce the risk of having a fatty liver and hepatic injury.
- Garlic also fights against cancer with the help of diallyl trisulfide (DATS) present in it.
- The compound prevents tumor development, thus helps in reducing the risk of cancer in your brain, stomach, liver, lung, esophagus, breast, colon, and bladder.
How to Eat Raw Garlic?
You can eat raw garlic every day, provided, you don't dislike its smell. If you want, you can add garlic to various dishes or can also make garlic juice with salad, soups, fish, meat, vegetables, etc.
There is no downside of taking raw garlic. However, it can cause some irritation in your Stomach if taken excessively. Also, eating it raw can cause bad breath yet, it is used in various kinds of toothpaste and mouthwash liquids!
Disadvantages of Garlic
One of the common disadvantages raw Garlic is when applied directly to the skin, it can easily cause irritation and inflammation. The burning senses are the most common issue you have to suffer after applying the raw form of Garlic whether sliced or crushed. It is recommended to use garlic oil for skin treatment.
The same goes for hair treatment. If you are experiencing hair loss, don’t try to put too much Garlic on your scalp, as it may also lead to scalp irritation and burning senses.
If you eat raw Garlic excessively, your stomach may get severely affected by its inflammatory properties.
Since the compounds present in Garlic thin your blood, taking Garlic after surgery or during bleeding disorder may turn out to be harmful to you.